From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:14:38 -0500

I hardly think posting my flyer at the pet store was tacky.  I advertised
beautiful ferrets for adoption, as well as boarding and grooming.  I'm not
in it for profit, I'm trying to help ferrets.

Whats tacky is this pet store advertising for a ferret frolic quite happily
because they donated a ferret to be raffled off there, as well as one for
sale.  Donating a live animal for raffle, that's tacky.

They also do adoptions for cats and dogs instead of selling them, yet allow
multiple dog breeders to post their business.

I'm not a breeder, I do rescue.  Am I really any competition for the store?
NO.  Am I going to receive some of their ferrets eventually?  YES.  I have
one right now!

I'm offering more than just ferrets for adoption.  I also take them in.  I
provide info for other ferret owners.  A week ago I spent 2 hours in my
home with a young couple who had just bought a ferret for $10 at a flea
market.

I don't feel posting a flyer at Super Pet is tacky, or competition.  We're
not offering the same thing.  They exploit many animals, I try to save a
few.

Thanks for the input though MC.

Take care,
Lara