From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:41:53 -0400
I had been in touch with representatives from Shepherd & Greene last Spring,
April and May to be exact.  At that time they were to have forwarded samples
of there food to the shelter along with content information.  This has not
happened to this date.

Thus it was not a surprise in reading Jeff Johnstons post regarding Shepherd
& Green ferret food.  They not only do not have a good mail room record, but
they also do not return phone calls.

I will not waste time debating their food as I have not seen or had ferrets
try it, but I am exasperated at trying to sample their product.  We use a
lot of food here 25 - 40# or so a week.  That COULD have been worth their
while.  I am happy to hear they are perhaps using natural preservatives, but
I am wondering why they would have to resort to flavoring it with fig or
date juice???  I have also heard from another NH shelter that the ferrets
there absolutely refused to eat the food.

Until they can prove to me that their food is a good nutritional value for
the ferrets both in the shelter and at home, I will continue to use Totally
Ferret food.  Perfomance Foods keeps their promise and provides information.
So match that Shepherd & Greene.