Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 00:03:13 -0400
A friend of mine has come into pocession of a 3-4 week old baby girl.  The
owner was told by the breeder she bought this baby from (1 week ago that it
was 6 weeks old then making it 7 now).  A trip to the vets today confirmed
out suspicion that it could maybe if we stretch it be 4 weeks old now....
Problem is feeding.  We don't know of any nursing mothers right now and baby
(Hollie) still needs that.  We've of course tried pet feeders, and you
guessed it Hollie immediately devoured the nipple.... The owner tried force
feeding with a tube before coming to us and it has resulted in pnuemonia with
the baby.
We are currently feeding 'duck soup' via an eye dropper... We really need to
know if we are heading in the right direction... The vet suggested the pet
feeder.... so he is at a loss as well....
BTW.... if another ferret walks by Hollie she hollers and screams.... she
wants Momma.... but Momma is about 600 mi away... so no luck there....
Any help, advice, suggestions or ideas will be greatly welcome.
Hollie is the cutest little black-eyed white you'ld ever want to see...
Thanks,
CDFA1