From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 07:16:12 -0700
I'm a little behind in my FMLs but when I saw the posts about Tiny Prints
I have to say something, I thought I was the only one with concerns.
I've seen posts being sent out from them all over boards I read.  I was
getting a little sick too of reading about the plees for money.  I send
donations to shelters when I can and get the updates and newsletters -
who have dozens, in some case hundreds!, of ferrets in their shelters.
So when I read Margerites posts I started to go to her website thinking
I might send her a donation too.  But I saw she never has many ferrets
in the shelter!  And she's asking for all this money to help this ferret
and that ferret.  Now, maybe that is to be expected from a new shelter.
But THEN I went to a ferret show and there was this 'tiny little shelter'
Tiny Prints.  If you never went to a show, you may not know, there are
shelters there and breeders and people selling things.  Shelters sell
hand maid stuff and little toys and things to raise money for their
shelter.  Just little tables with cute stuff and you just want to buy
everything because you know the money helps ferrets.

But then I saw this huge table, it was four times the size of any other
shelter table at the show, and there was the name, Tiny Prints.  It was
not what I expected.  This set up could rival the Ferret Store and half
the products must have come from there, this wasn't home maid stuff, this
was a retail store this 'shelter' was running.  If she was so broke she
can't afford ferret medical care then how does she buy all this stuff to
sell?  Her table was busy all day long selling stuff but she can't afford
7 ferrets in her shelter?  I don't understand, unless she is making money
for herself on this business.  Then there's poor shelters there with no
people buying from them the hand maid stuff but Tiny Prints is raking in
the money.

Then there's other stuff on her website that bugged me.  Like I said I
went to her website when I got her posts.  And I saw her ferrets for
adoption page.  And her ferrets that have been adopted page.  And then
just a few days ago I saw 2 ferrets for adoption on her page that I knew
I'd seen somewhere else, they were also on the page of ferrets that had
found a home.  And they had been adopted BY Margerite, and now they were
up for adoption!  Why???  It was even the same pictures so I know it's
not 2 ferrets with the same name as the ones she adopted.  It was really
sad because the one ferret, on the adopted page, says the ferret fell in
love with her daughter.  How does your daughter feel about you getting
rid of her pet?  Nice way to teach your children about responsibility
and keeping pets.

Another thing.  You are so 'I am AFA member' and you adhere to their
policy.  Well I'm an AFA member too 7 years.  I have read numerous times
on your website that you have ferrets for adoption but they aren't
available yet because you haven't done the ADV testing yet and you hope
to get to it by the weekend.  Not even that the results aren't back yet
but you haven't even done it!  Ummmmmmm the AFA members I know are pretty
horrified by that I don't know what policy book your reading.

Well like I said I thought I was the only one with concerns and I'm glad
someone said something.

[SP]