Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 14:07:36 EDT
Hello Sandi,

I know how you feel. I have been asked many times why I don't just
close my doors and some times I would like to say yes but I know that
God didn't bring me through a tough battle of terminal cancer to close
my doors to my shelter so I keep on struggling.

Like you I don't have any volunteers that help with cleaning cages,
litter boxes, bathing, cleaning ears, brushing teeth or cut nails it
is all left up to me and my daughter who helps me when she can. That
is usually on a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon. My granddaughter use
to help me a lot but now with school and her friends she doesn't have
time or she wants to do other things. It is hard for me now because I
can't stand long so it takes me a while just to clean a few cages.

As for donations I like you have one faithful person that sends money
to me and I get a few other donations once in a blue moon but it is
never enough to keep us going. When I was worked part of my pay would
go into my shelter and that made a huge difference. Now since the
cancer I am not allowed to go back to my former job and I really
couldn't work anywhere unless I could get a sit down job. I am not able
to stand long or walk far without sever pain in my low back and spine.
If it wasn't for SOS and Club Med, and my dear friend Chuck, I don't
know what I would have done when Sammy came in with the broken leg.
That was such a blessing. I really want to say thanks to all of you
that have donated to our shelter. It is a real blessing when a donation
comes in for the kids.

Sandy like you I have several hospices kids and a couple are waiting
to see the vet for adrenal and Insulinoma. Some of you can charge with
your vet but I am not able to do that. Our vet doesn't take charge
cards or lets you charge with him. It is up front cash or a check only.
It gets really tough at times and now with spring here it will be time
to order more wood stove pellets to last for the year so I know what
you are saying with the economy being the way it is it is tough.

I just thank God that he always sees us through someway. Last month I
was praying and asking God to provide me with the money to order more
food and two days later a check came in for $200.00 which bought us
more food Praise The LORD, God is so good.

I only wish I knew how to sew or some other craft that I could have a
fun raiser for our shelter. I am PC illiterate so I don't know how to
do E Bay either but then I would have to find a product to sell that
would bring in some money.

If anyone is interested and lives in the New Castle, PA area we can
always use volunteers to give baths, clean ears, teeth, cut nails and
help clean cages but just to get them their spring bath and their ears,
nails and teeth done would be a blessing.

God Bless You
Helen
Helping Hands Ferret Rescue
3356 Harlansburg Road