From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:57:22 -0800
To Whom it was that mentioned the Super Pet cages being dangerous...

I'm not sure if you're referring to the smaller cage with the tubing that
goes outside the cage and over the top, I don't have experience with that
one.  But my twosome have thoroughly tested out the larger Multi Level
Ferret Home that Super Pet makes, over the last month, and I love it.  It's
much easier to clean than a midwest cage or any cage where the flooring is
mostly wire that you have to cover with something.  This is because the
bottom and all the adjustable levels of shelving and the tubes that go
between levels are very hard and sturdy, safe solid plastic.

I can't imagine what would be dangerous, the floors are all solid there are
plenty of levels to protect against falls, the wire used to make the actual
cage part is nicely coated and has horizontal and vertical bars.  I love
this cage, I'm going to get one for home when I get back from my trip.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had a bad experience with this
cage, especially where safety is concerned.

As for Martin's Cages, they are great.  I've checked out and thoroughly
recommend their website.  I think they're probably some of the best ferret
cages around, but I really do like the Super Pet cage and I think I'm going
to stick with it.

Robynn and the two temporarily transplanted twosome, going home Monday
Gargoyle ("oh no..not that plane thing again") and
Morticia ("but we met so many nice people!")