From:
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:27:23 -0800
>From:    victoria foster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: hob food can of worms
>Have any of the breeders thought about feeding them a special diet like
>you do with a pregnant jill?  Or do you already?  With more protein or
>fat maybe?

We do.  Our boys are normally so big that while out of rut they get more
Iams cat food to prevent them getting TOO big.  While in season we feed them
more Totally Ferret to keep them from dropping weight.  If they get too
skinny we would boost the fat and caloric intake more but it hasn't been
necessary.  Our boys stay big.  We are no beginning to try the newer Totally
Ferret formula and are reducing the quantities of Iams all around.

>From:    Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: stained teeth

Amoxicillan is the most used anti-biotic in our experiences with ferrets and
it is reputed to stain the teeth of kits when given to pregnant to nursing
jills.  We haven't found a way to whiten the enamel but we also haven't
looked very hard.  Or maybe you could say we haven't looked at all.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]