From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 01:36:56 -0400
Hi gang,

First, let me reassure you that I have not been taken hostage by the ferts.
I have just been extremely busy, haven't even had time to read fml's for 3
or 4 weeks :<  I hope to get things in better order soon so that I can have
time and start posting again, for now I am lucky to get to "sleep".

Sadly, today I am writing because I need help with a rescue.  I have learned
of 4 kits, about 11 to 12 weeks old, who are being kept OUTDOORS by a
so-called "breeder".  She only has 1 whole female and says she's giving up
breeding and will soon have the mom fixed (and we WILL discuss this!!! to
be sure she goes through with those plans).  But she won't let the kits go
for less than $50 each, the boys (2 of them) are neutered but the females (2
also) are not fixed.

I don't condone supporting this type of activity, but I can't turn my back
on these poor little ones either.  You see, temps are really high here,
today one bank clock said 107F!!!  We can't let these kids suffer in the
heat.  So I am pleading with anyone who would like to help us rescue these
babies.  We need $200 for all of them (I'll try to get her to settle for
less if I take them all, but someone who has already tried says she won't
take less than $50 each).

If you can help, please email me so I'll know what we might have coming in.
In case there is any excess it will be returned or sent to wherever you
specify or put into the general shelter account if you would like, or we can
send it to the "Shelter Fund" that Judith White works with to help all the
shelters....just let me know.  My mailing address is "Patricia Curtis" 3801
Zion Hill Loop Weatherford, TX 76088.  Phone is 817-599-7740.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

Kisses to the fuzzies!

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter