From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 09:18:06 -0700
Hi to all ferret people!

I just red a mail from someone, who needs a vet in Northern Ca.  I wish I
could help, but unfortunately I'm in the same shoes, and I need a vet in
Southern Ca. (Ventura, or L.A.  county).  We have a nice, knowledgeable guy,
who takes care of our dog, but I'm kinda scared, hearing so many things
about reporting ferrets to Fish and Game, I just don't dare to risk.  I need
someone, who I can trust.

I don't have a ferret yet, but hopefully this weekend I'm gonna have one.
(Took me forever to find a way...) So-since this is going to be my first
one- I need a vet for shots, emergencies, so on.  I've been reading,
educating myself about them, and since I found out about this list, and the
available FAQs, I even learn more and more, day by day.  I'm very thankfull
for everyone, who's willing to share their experiences with others, this is
the best way to learn.  And of course I'm thankfull to the operator, BIG,
who lets it happen.

So if anyone has a fuzzy around here, and knows a good vet, please send a
mail to the operator, I sent my email adress to him, or ask for it, and
write straight to me.  I know, it's difficult to get back to me, sorry for
that, but as we all know, those people in California need somebody, who
turns the light on in their little dark minds, and explains to them, what is
a ferret.  Untill then, we will have to hide behind "adressless" letters.

Thank you all, for your helps;

                               Sylvia

Ps: I would help those ferrets, with the horror situation, but I don't know,
where to send donations.  I wish I could adopt one, but I'm too far away.
So I need the address, where i can send money to!

[Moderator's note: address was in yesterday's FML]