From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:41:32 EDT
The other day I posted for a friend who had two bottles of Proglycem that
she wanted to donate to shelters.  The response was overwhelming (over 60
e- mails!) from people asking for themselves, their shelters and for other
shelters and people who wouldn't/couldn't ask for themsleves.

One shelter called me and another was the first to e-mail me, plus both live
close enough by that we don't need to worry about it breaking or going bad
in shipment, they can both pick it up from me, so it is going to be split
between them.

Anyhow my point is twofold.  One, the Proglycem (this time) is gone.  The
second point is that when we have various medications and equipment that we
have used for a ferret that crossed the Bridge and we no longer need it, we
should offer it to each other to try to keep down expenses.  Some medications
that are controlled substances could perhaps be mailed directly to the vets
office if that is a worry or concern of either the donor or recipient.  (Of
course the vet would be contacted first and the arrangement explained).
Also, you should NEVER give your pet a medication not prescribed by a vet.
Just a thought.

-Anne