Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:15:42 -0700
Hi,
If you're on the FML, you probably read the posts regarding PETA's
undercover investigation of Triple F Farms. Some things on PETA's
investigator's notes don't make sense to me.

1. They claim that the ferrets eyes were so infected that it looked
like they'd exploded. Is this even possible?

2. According to the notes, the ferrets were altered and descented with
the same dull razor blade. If the blade was indeed dull, how could it
have been used to perform surgery after surgery? It was also said that
the blade was handleless. If that were true, wouldn't the "surgeons"
constantly be cutting themselves? The investigator claimed that vets
weren't used to perform surgical procedures, that they were always
done by lay persons. I'm certain that this is illegal.

3. The temperature was purported to be 99DGF, on PETA's website, while
the Associated Press article cited the temperature as 110 degrees
fahrenheit. In either case, wouldn't all of the 6000 ferrets be dead of
heatstroke by now?

For PETA's investigator's notes, see:
www.peta.org/features/additional-details-from-the-investigation.aspx

For the Associated Press article, see:
hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FERRET_FARM_INVESTIGATION?SITE=IDMOS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Randie