From:
DeAnn McCord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:45:24 -0700
I would like to comment on Randie's last posting regarding ferret
temperature and PETA.

There are ferrets that are able to survive in high temperatures.
However, I can only imagine how stessed and uncomfortable they are.
I rescued 2 ferrets in mid October in Phoenix that lived through at
least one summer in a garage. The day I got them it was 97 degrees and
summers in Phoenix are always 100 + degrees with temperature reaching
as high 115-120. I have heard stories from people out here that they
kept their ferrets outside as well. In May I again rescued 2 ferrets
that were being kept outside and the temperature was already in the
upper 90s. They were only rescued because I couldn't sleep at night
knowing how miserable they were.

Regarding PETA, I really don't think it matters whether they are an
animal rights organization or an animal welfare org. Don't the two
go hand-in-hand? Regardless of one's opinion of PETA, I think it's
important to remember that they are all about the animals.

DeAnn