From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:07:03 -0500
Becky writes:
>I also saw Judge Mills Lane on 2-11 and I think if that had been me that
>lost my two fuzzies to that wench from that selter, I would most probably
>gone there and taken my babies back.  I know this sounds harsh but I think
>even the judge was tempted to do the same.  That lady gives shelters a very
>bad name.  The fuzzies in question were in the court I think and looked
>fine to me. ...

Some time back, there was a thread leading up to the "Court Case" (if
indeed you can honestly call it court).  As I understand it, the shelter
mom was ambushed by the show.  She was told interrupt when she had
something to say--which the judge didn't take kindly to.  In addition, much
of the testimony that was given by her in her defence was edited out.  Try
to remember that what you see, though legally binding to the participants,
is television.  As such they make it as contentious and lopsided as
possible to keep it interesting.  After the shelter mom (I can't remember
her name!) saw the edited tape, she posted to this forum saying how
disappointed she was with the final product.  If one goes back in the FML
archives, you'll be able to read her side of the story.  It might just
change your mind.

Cheers!
Matthew in Virginia.