From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:34:18 -0400
See the image at
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~squirty/pets/notused/cage.jpg for a good
example of how to use extra shelves and hammocks to make Midwest cages
safe for ferrets.

To get extra shelves, go to Home Depot or Builder's Square and have them
cut 1/2" plywood into one by two feet planks.  You yourself can sand down
the rough edges - I actually never bothered and haven't had a problem.  At
the hardware store, buy some C-hook screws and screw two into the ends of
each plank.  Voila, safe, cheap shelving.

When I bought my Midwest cages I got the 'cat' variety, which has carpeted
shelves. It was nice until the carpet got too dirty to leave on any more.

Melissa

<> melissa litwicki               [log in to unmask]
<> i'd like to meet a spaceman who's got it goin' on