From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 16:19:51 EST
Bonjour!  Long time no talk... I'm busy, busy, busy, etc...

To Brian Walker who asked about put prednisone inside a ferret ;)))

What works best with Victor since a more than a year now is to give him
pills of pred.  The problem with liquid is that usually it contains sugar
(bad, bad, bad for insulomina...).  And the pred may not stays stable in
other liquid...  My syster, who is a pharmacist, maked me a special mixture
with a kind of gely who is supposed to taste banana...  But Victor refused
to take it...

So what I do is to crush the pill and mix it with a spoon of soft food (I
prepared a blend of cooked eggs white, science diet CD, brewer yeast, peanut
butter and lactaid).  Et voila!  usually Victor accepted to eat that.  The
other suggestion is to insert the pill in a fresh piece of grape, melon,
banana or wathever he likes.  You can also crush it and mix it with
ferretone.  The only problem is that you have to do it each time because of
the stability of pred and to be sure that he takes the right amount...

Here in Canada, pharmacists can order Apo-prednisone in pills of 1mg or 5 mg
at Apotex inc.  tel: (416) 749-9300 Fax: (416) 749-9578.

Hope that it will help you...

Anne Charbonneau                        [log in to unmask]
Professeure chercheure adjointe         514 343 5924
Faculte de medecine dentaire
Universite de Montreal

et voici mes furets:

     Victor 8)           Hugo 8>        et Adele H. :>