From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 05:33:02 -0600
Yes, I over reacted.  After reading what I said on the FML regarding the cat
scratch incident, the hehe was in reference to the codeine.  And this person
really is a friend of mine and all of us were concerned for her daughter.
The discovery of a lump on a child can be devastating.  To find out that it
was benign and caused by a reaction from a cat scratch was a great relief
for everyone.

At the time, it just hit me wrong.  Our poor little fuzzies get such bad
publicity over a scratch or bite, (ie. the reporter in San Diego) and then
killed for it.  Can you imagine what the publicity would have been like if
the reporter had developed some kind of lump due to it?  Headlines would
have read "Ferrets Cause Cancer".  Then after the discovery of it being
benign the story most likely would have been dropped.

Speaking of being dropped, this is now old news.

Thanks,
Toni