From:
Mason Weinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:01:14 -0500
Dear Friends -

        Thanks for the info on the ferret bill in the Mass legislature.
Thanks also to the few respondants who wrote back and said they would help
with the campaign to pass it - specifically Pam Grant and Dick Bossart.
I'm willing to do my share to help it out.  However, a quick word to those
groups who claim to be ferret advocate groups - where are most of you guys?
 Come on AFA, LIFE, FURO, etc - if you're really there to help, here's a
place where you can.  Remember - legislators only pay attention to what
they hear, and are generally concerned with bills they view as far more
important than this.  What we need is to make them pay attention, come and
testify at hearings, etc.  That is the only way that this effort will get
any attention.  We should be sending each Mass senator or rep a copy of
informational brochures, like AFA's well-done "What is a ferret?" (I think
that's the name).

        What's up guys?  This is why your members pay you their membership
$ - both to get an information link, and to support advocacy for their
interests.  We can do this here, but only with everyone's efforts!

        Hope this isn't too strong - its only meant to inspire some
positive action, and not just let the bill die again.

        Also - thanks to everyone for the rsponses about ferrets and birds.
 The cautions are taken (if the bird ever comes - personally, I'm a mammal
person).

Best - Mason, Slinky (the illegal alien), and Leila (the cat who really
thinks the kitten food in the little blue bowl is pretty good - now if I
can just squeeze in there)