From:
Ginger Loggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 13:46:57 -0700
Hey there!

    I just signed on.  Me and my roommate got a cute little 6 wk old last
week, Jezebel.  She's been lot's of fun, but she runs us ragged since we
feel me must watch her at all times.  We're afraid of two things: using
corners she thinks are *much* better than the litter box, and getting into
cords, refrigerators, and who knows what else.

    So, first, about how long does it normally take to litter train a
ferret?  Any advice on how to do it?  I'm trying to put her in her
litterbox whenever she's standing still in a corner and give her ferret
treats or ferretone when she uses the litter.  Any other method I could
try?  And on giving her treats, how do you train a ferret without giving
her too many treats?

    Right now, ferret-proofing is time consuming, but simple.  We use large
shoeboxes, cardboard, etc.  But, I'm not sure it will hold forever.  So,
what kind of more permanent and trustable things could we use.  Places
we're afraid of her getting: behind TV with power strip and *tons* of
wonderfully chewable cords, behind fridge, under kitchen cabinets, and into
the water cooler closet.

    The Ferret FAQ was very helpful, but I would like some very specific
advice.  If this is something that has been on the list *waaay* too many
times, your welcome to write me personnally with any advice.

            Thanks!
            Ginger  ([log in to unmask])