Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:33:40 -0800
Curious to know if anyone has ever heard of or used a product called
"FerretZyme Plus" by Pet's Friend.  I've seen it as part of several
different recipies designed for ferrets with adrenal problems but
haven't found anything referencing the products' effectiveness.

(Also, I've ordered a product called "Dyne" that will hopefully provide
my Phoebe with the extra "boost" she needs while I'm gone for long
stretches during the day).  She's eating up to 5 TBSP of her high
protein/high fat gravy between 2-3 times in a 24 hr. period but I can't
get her to eat gravy or kibble during the day, while I'm gone).

Anyone with recommendations on this product?

Here are the ingredients for FerretZyme Plus:
1/2 teaspoon contains the following, in a base of 150 mg. freeze-dried
liver:
Fungal Protease .......... 12,000 HUT
Fungal Amylase ............ 4,000 DU
Fungal Lipase ................ 50 LU
Fungal Cellulase ............. 67 CU
Lactobacillus acidophilus.... 400 million
Bifidobacterium longum ...... 200 million
Pancreas Concentrate ......... 75 mg

This is the recipe from the Miami Ferret.org website (under natural
adrenal treatment):

BASIC SOFT FOOD RECIPE (Recipe can be doubled.  Just keep refrigerated in
an air tight container.)

1 can Hill's Prescription Diet A/D
1 jar Gerber's 2nd stage (blue label) chicken baby food
1/4 tsp. PET'S FRIEND, Inc. FerretZyme Plus
1/8 cup of water

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos (Sasha, Snowball, and Phoebe)