From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:49:44 -0400
I have to share a cute story about my husband and our furkids.

George came down with the stomach flu.  He rarely gets sick,
but when he does he's pitiful.  Oh the melodrama of it all!

Last night he was lying on the couch bemoaning his fate when I got the
ferrets out.  He will usually play with them, but didn't last night as
he felt so bad.  Icarus, (his ferret), went up to the couch, stood on
his hind legs and started chittering at George and licking his elbow.
It was so cute!  I think he knew George wasn't feeling well.  Then he
got up on the couch, walked across George's entire body, (which George
didn't appreciate at the time), got right in his face and chittered at
him again.  Then he jumped down and ran off.  I'm not sure exactly what
he had to say in ferret language, but it was terribly cute!

I think Icarus was actually trying to be sweet.  I think he could
tell George felt bad, and said "there there" in ferretspeak.