From:
One Of The Ways <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:21:53 -0500
Since Jason says he has not had a response that was negative, I'll weigh in
here.  We are a group of almost 3000 some individuals, each distinct and
seperate.  When we are reading the FML, we are joined by our interest in
ferrets.  We may be an elderly person, a person with a long dress and hair
in a bun, a leather clad person with spiked, orange and green hair, a
teenager, a child, a businessman or woman, college student, or one of around
3000 other people.  We are all different- color, religion, philisophy, life
styles, income levels, ---we have different uses for the FML- info.,
stories, companionship, and yes, even as a forum to state our views, and/or
provoke reactions from others.

The point is (Ferrets) we are all here because of ferrets, as a family, and
as in any family, we have disagreements, dislikes, and our favorites or
people we dislike or disagee with.  (Ferrets) ( I'm sticking in ferrets
frequently, so this will be a ferret related post:) ),

Jason, by his own admission, is a recent arrival in our family.  How he got
here, whose mail address he uses, what his intentions are, only he knows.
However, I feel he has overreacted, and caused more people to focus in on
the post he complains about, than the original post did.  He needs to accept
that we are all different, have vastly different value systems, and develop
some tolerance for others.  If we all wrote as he wished, or as any one
person or small group wishes, we would be allowing ourselves to be censored,
or in my words, manipulated.  The great attraction of a nation wide list of
many people is the diversity of ideas, interests, and personalities we are
exposed to.

I, personally, read nothing into Maggie's post, except her usual humorous,
interesting personality showing through.  For Jason( a fairly new arrival)
to attack (yes, it was an attack-clothed in the nicest words he could use)
and try to spread his intolerance, and influence the content of this list is
unacceptable to me.  If a person cannot be tolerant of others, realizing
they have freely joined such a diverse group, maybe they need to toughen up
or look for a list they can read that won't provoke such feelings of
disgust.  At the least, do your protesting privately, instead of such a
public, attention getting forum, ok?

We have a moderator, and a very good one in my opinion, who we need to rely
on, and trust.  I think he does a great job, and I'm sure, it is mostly a
thankless job.  Let's trust his judgement.  If you disagree with his
judgement, or my post, feel free to do so, but please- lets keep it private.
Yes, I'm replying publicly, because the other posts were put out publicly on
the FML- both pros and cons.  Save attacks and give them to the ferrets-
they need them for socks, strings, etc.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Peace to all.

Harold