From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:30:28 -0700
Hello All,

It seems as though the situation is not as bleak as originally thought!
Foster & Smith uses a flat rate shipping system. $15.99 shipping if
you're getting 10 bags or less of Superior Choice!

That makes a HUGE difference in price and if you used Neeps wholesale
as a shelter/rescue, you can still apply with them for 10% off.

I cut some of the message out as they told me about how much they
helped with Katrina & do with special needs as well as they have to
pay their 600 employees.....bla, bla, bla but Here's what an Asst. Mgr
wrote to me:

Dear Jerri,

I apologize for the delayed response. Neeps offered wholesale to many
shelters and was known for offering very low pricing often below their
cost.

When we acquired their company we set up new relationships with many of
their vendors and did our best to contract the best pricing possible.
Since we are a retail company we offer retail pricing. I apologize
that we are unable to match the price offered by Neeps; however, our
shipping and handling rates are priced for merchandise total up to a
certain pound. Since our shipping rates are set up for our normal
retail customers it is not designed to accommodate bulk orders. If you
are ordering more that 10 20lb bags then we would give you a shipping
quote using FedEx. Less that 10bags is a total amount of $15.99 for the
entire order. You may also have many other items on that order for the
same low shipping price.

We are honoring all shelter bucks purchased and we will look at adding
this service in the future.

Jerri, we certainly want to keep your business and I will help you in
any way that we can.

Hope that helps some of you with your food needs.

Jerri