Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:08:58 -0800
Hello everyone!  Hope you and your fuzzies are all enjoying a good start
to the new year and recovering from your 'wild' New Years eve parties!
(What???  You've broken your New Years' resolutions already????) LOL!

Just wanted to provide a quick update on Phoebe who had what we belive
to be her first insulinomic 'crash' last Wednesday.... I am so happy to
report that she's doing GREAT and is maintaining her weight (about 1 lb.
11 oz.) and has her blood sugar levels under control I believe as well -
all with the help of Amoxi, Carafate, Pepto and Pred AND all of you out
there who sent such speedy and helpful advice and support!!!!!

In fact, I enjoyed the most precious "Kodak moment" last night as the
gong struck midnight ... Phoebe was curled up on my stomach under my
fleece pullover and we cuddled on the couch next to the cracklin' fire
while I sipped sparkling cider and Sasha and Snowball were passed out
(sleeping, not drunk!) in their favorite blanket on the living room
floor.  My friends and I just laid there with full tummys, relishing the
moment, and agreeing how this was one of the BEST New Years Eve's we've
ever had!

Phoebe's appetite is pretty good and she's eating 3-4 tablespoons of her
protein-rich gravy 4 times a day (just about every 5 hrs.) without too
much hassle and I've been able to mix all but the Pepto in with the food
without her even knowing it (which drastically reduces the stress to her
by syringe dosing).  So at least throughtout this 3 day weekend, she'll
be getting her meds and food like clockwork so that she'll hopefully be
better by the time I have to go back to work and not be able to provide
the extra feedings during the daytime hours.

Her stools and urine look pretty good too - in fact it appears that she's
now getting plenty of water from drinking it and from the gravy b/c her
urine is almost clear (vs. the dark yellow it was a few days ago).

SO THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE OUT THERE WHO 'RALLIED TO THE CAUSE', on
Phoebe's behalf, with help and support!!!

Happy New Year!

Jennifer and the 3 healthy Amigos (Sasha, Snowball, and Phoebe)

P.S. For those of you to whom I promised Christmas gifts, they ARE on
their way now so look for them soon.  My apologies for the delay but
this latest 'episode' took me away from everything and was a real
stressor for the majority of last week.