From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:48:46 -0500

Carla wrote:
>Actually, Sam - it's probably the USA that should be apologizing to
>New Zealand.  After all, wasn't the disease named after the Aleutian
>strain of mink in which it was first discovered, *in the USA* in =
1956???

ADV was actually discovered in Oregon ,USA , dark mink farm in 1941.  There
has been many research studies already done by the Mink Farmers Foundation.

Maybe we should all try to work together and not point so many fingers.The
Mink ranchers foundation has been funding research for years and still no
cure.Now there is 5 strains of the virus.Again maybe we should all offer
to help support their research seeing they have been doing it longer and
have the medical expertise .

[AE]