From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:24:53 -0500
QUESTIONS

We are in the midst of designing and creating our database software
specifically on ferrets.  I thought I d ask before finishing it and not
knowing if there would be rescues/shelters/ vets interested in using it.
With this database it will link all rescues/shelters/fosters together,
as well as Vets will have direct link to other Ferret Vets in sharing
information.  It will list all websites to visit their sites including
rescues.  It will have photo pages, complete listing of every ferret in
the database and all records known to have by which ever shelter/rescue.
It will list to all willing to post to watch or ferret sitting, so one
can be found close to you.  It will have a list section for multiple
postings of topics of ferrets.  If I get the deal done with a company in
negotiations done there will be built in chat to the database so whom
ever is logged in can chat with whom ever in categories, and security
features, And it will have a Ferret Test.  50 questions covering all
areas in relation to ferrets.  Not an easy test either.  This test is
to be the true decipher in whether your guest is knowledgeable to own
a ferret.  Plus will inform them of books, literature, websites and
locations to locate the answer.  This test is a serious test.  Gives the
ferret a better chance of right placement.  In this test area is areas of
help I will need.  Especially from Vets.  I want to create 24 50 question
tests.  These test need to be true and hard.  As then reading books and
getting more people knowledgeable about ferrets is the key to keep
shelters and rescues quantity low.  With the Test their will be a central
account and a 15.00 test fee.  All funds from this test go to a central
donation and will be divided amongst the rescues & Shelters registered
and part in this software.  It will be used by additional corporate
sponsors I am in talks with that at the end of the year before Christmas
a special Christmas delivery will be sent equally to all in this
part-take.  However Vets get paid in funds to rescues & shelters that
have a expected current balance at year end and only your two listed Vets
General Care / Surgical Care.

This Software also will need list, description, care, medications and
list all surrenders or found ferrets of the people that turn them in.  As
well as list to whom you adopt to.  Basically it will be your complete
software to operate your rescue/shelter and communicate with friends and
medical vets within your area.  Upon deployment and available hopeful
next year nearing years end.  Upon the success I hope to achieve in this,
will decide if my next part of the database software is to be complete
server and service to all rescues and shelters by meaning of templates
and choice of style and layout of your personal website.  General
information at that time will be locked and the same at each website but
you can add pages, and change your site to be unique.  I ve been working
on the basis design 2 and a half years, and believe it will be a great
improvement for placement and study of rescues/ shelters/ and vet care
in USA.  You will be able to change web pages of your precise interest
and happenings and what services you offer.  But as far as about ferrets,
care, medical needs and cost will be lock by server and promote same to
every one on server.  There will be elected upon trial runs in the
beginning of Medical advisable committee and information of general by
top USA Vets to set the standards of those.  That is why that comes later
not all at once.  I have to do this in Stages and will take time.  But in
the end it will surely help grow our ferret community and working Hand
and Hand with each other.  I wanting some input and response from
everyone in this FML to let me know their opinions.

I believe in this can help to create a great bonding and research to
improve medical treatment as well as develop solid background on us
all working together to better the life, care, and treatments on the
Domesticated ferret.  Also would like to get some ideas or suggestions
on the name and any additional areas to include in this database I m
designing.  Oh and technically saying will work with Mac and IBM Windows
based computers.  Other formats will follow.  Please let me know what
you all think and send me your suggestions.  Or tell me I m wasting my
efforts here.  It s all in the better of the ferret.  I m hoping to
get support from everyone including AFA, AFC, but of most of all, ALL
Shelters/Rescues USA wide regardless of your personal preferences, and
differences of your neighboring shelters.  Your service is yours, this
is a central software to benefit the ferret not any single rescue or
shelter.  And if you do not feel you would use this I Need to Know.
That is why I m asking now.  So I know where to go from here.