Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:41:34 -0600
with something like that? My ferrets are kibble-fed and I would be
interested in expanding them into a raw diet (or at least some raw menu
selections), but I hate to think of again bringing home feeder mice to
have one my ferrets look at the mice and not do anything else, while
the other ferret finally killed the mice, but did not eat them. This
may sound mean, but thank goodness the second one killed the mice or
else I cannot imagine what I would have done with two live mice. This
was my one and only foray into live prey and it was a long time ago,
but it has made me feel very reluctant to try again.

Also, if you get your ferret into live prey, will it still accept its
kibble or will it only want raw or live prey from then on? While I
would be willing to expand on raw and live options if things were
working out, I am not set up to quickly switch from kibble to raw.
Anyway, if Kim or anyone else has some experiences to share about my
concerns, I would really like to give live/raw options a chance,
especially since I expect that hunting might make my ferrets happy
in a way that nothing else can.

Thanks,
Ellana