From:
Cheryl Nordgulen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:46:06 -0800
To Anonymous Poster about couches and sofas:

My solution is in the archives as of this year.  I don't remember what
month.  Break down lots of cardboard boxes.  Stuff them under the seats
and as far back under the backs and arms of the sofa as possible.  Keep
stuffing until it is so tight you cannot get anything 1/8" in.  They will
love scratching on the cardboard, so you may need to change it after a
while.  Of course, after a while they sometimes lose interest in it, simply
because they can no longer get into the sofa.  Be prepared for some frantic
scratching as they remember what toys and/or food they may have stashed in
this wonderful hideaway.

Cheryl Nordgulen of Critterpen Rescue