From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:24:39 -0400
LOL!  Oh, my!  Talk about a strange typo!  When I wrote that there is
at least one "rumor mill" offering degrees in pharmacognosy I obviously
meant diploma mill.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people
somewhere in the world in any population have advanced degrees in
rumor-mogery.  :-) This is silly.  I actually made myself laugh when I
read the word substitution that I unknowingly had made.  I have mild
dyslexia and perhaps such things are related.  Once when Steve walked
in the door I tried to call out that I was home but was soaking in the
bathtub.  Instead I told him that I was in the toilet.  My second try
dredged out "sink".  If it happened often I'd worry, but as it is this
is just a bit of spice in life with a long personal history to it, and
can be absolutely hilarious.  It's lucky that like most people born with
clubfeet mine are on the small side (without my braces and larger shoes
to fit them) because otherwise I'd get my foot way too stuck in mouth
far too often.

Oh, and what licorice causes to be deposited into injured skeletal and
heart muscle is calcium.

A list member wrote me about a compound (I assumed from licorice but
perhaps I misunderstood and it is not.) that is said to to safe for
ulcers without side effects so I asked for independent studies on it
(since a manufacturer's word is not necessarily the best) if they exist.
The part in licorice that ultimately carries the risk is also the one
used for helping with ulcers (and a few other things though some of the
traditional things to use it for in herbal med turn out not to be helped
by licorice) unless I got confused so saving the good while removing the
bad would not necessarily be an easy thing to manage.  It will be
interesting to find out more, and I tend to keep a grain (okay, sometimes
a boulder) of salt handy about claims and hyoptheses, anyway, and that
boulder has helped me avoid a pile of problems over the years, and those
it hasn't helped me avoid it at least has helped me avoid being
emotionally involved in.

I trust you to find your wants around my other typing goofs, even
"Dogoxin: for "Digoxin".

We had a visit from Ela and her handsome gent on Saturday, and all of
our ferrets really liked her, but she needs to watch out because Morney
was flirting with her boyfriend.  Those raven haired wench ferrets!

Julie fooled me at first, too.

Okay, next month is going to be our 25th wedding anniversary, but we
are watching pennies.  I have a few ideas, like a picnic, but anyone who
has cute anniversary ideas is invited to let me know about them, please!
I suspect Steve and I will also have Chinese meal because our wedding
reception was a Chinese one.  Oh, and, please, don't suggest putting on
my gown.  Between menopause and exercise being harder for health reasons
in recent years the only place it would fit over would be my neck...
(Okay, not that bad, but, yeah, BAD.)  I won't say which ideas we use
or don't use because everyone is different and I do not want to hurt
anyone's feelings over something as perfectly acceptable as mere
differences in taste.