Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:15:11 -0400
I was very sorry to hear about your dog and having to send her to the
Bridge

When we got our first ferret StinkyBob, our dog Jazz, (a Shih-Tzu) she
paid little to no attention to him, he was more curious about her than
she was about him. A couple more ferrets added to the mix and then we
got Mz. Pink; Pinky and Jazz developed a close friendship to the point
we got to watch Ferret Rodeo' in our living room on a regular basis.
We watched the interaction between Jazz and the ferrets very closely
and we could see just how gentle she was with the ferrets. Years passed
and Jazz interacted less with the ferrets but then she was 6 or 7 years
old when she was first introduced to ferrets and she was developing
arthritis and was more content to watch the ferrets play rather than
joining in.

We lost Jazz this past Dec. 26, she had bladder surgery Dec. 20th to
remove a bladder stone and apparently it was all too much for her and
she gently and peacefully passed away lying next to me on the couch.

A couple months later we adopted Bear (another Shih-Tzu) from a shelter
in KY. Apparently Bear is not interested in a friendship or buddyship
with the ferrets, he totally ignores them which is okay, it is better
than having to worry and watch him like a hawk when the ferrets are
out.

I don't know about any other breeds to recommend but I can vouch for
the two Shih-Tzus I have had.

                 /\_/\
                (>"<)

The Crocheted Ferret
Home Of The Famous DerbyEggs
http://thecrochetedferret.com/index.htm
Over 1,000 dozen sold and that makes for a LOT of happy ferrets.