Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 06:52:12 -0700
I read something about the dangers of toilet paper rolls way back some
6 or 7 years ago and it stuck with me. Immediately when a tissue paper
roll is emptied, or a paper towel roll is emptied; any and every kind
of roll, once it is emptied, I immediately un-spiral it before tossing
it in the trash.

Last winter my mom was recovering from an illness and she needed me
to come and stay with her so I packed up my dog, my laptop, DerbyEgg
making supplies clothes, and other things I would need and off we went
to stay with mom. She noticed after a while when a tissue paper or
paper towel roll was emptied, I would immediately un-spiral it before
putting it in the trash and she asked me why, why do you do that before
putting in the trash. I then explained to her about the dangers of
tissue paper rolls, paper towel rolls, any kind of cardboard rolls;
they should un-spiraled before putting them in the trash. She then said
the obvious; but there are NO ferrets here........ Yes mother I know
that but when you develop a "good" habit you keep it up regardless.

It doesn't take that long to un-spiral a roll before putting it in the
trash Yes you might be destroying a great half-hour or an hour cheap
toy but you also might be saving the life of one of your ferrets.

Ferrets are like children; they have to be protected from themselves
or as you can also say about them; they live a lifetime of the
terrible-twos and they never grow out of it. You gotta be smarter than
a ferret and some days that ain't easy.

                /\_/\
                (>"<)

The Crocheted Ferret
Home Of The Famous DerbyEggs

http://thecrochetedferret.com/index.htm
Over 1,000 dozen DerbyEggs sold and that makes for a LOT of happy
ferrets.