From:
Sal Arledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 13:28:39 -0400
At the risk of being labeled a problem ( as I am new to FML ) I want to
also express thanks & to say how much I agree with you.

I have (2) dogs, (4) cats & (1) ferret.  They are all my babies!  They need
things too, including medical attention.  When one decides they will put
that animal down instead of paying the vet bills, think about their cute
little faces when they were healthy, think of how they run to greet you
when you've been gone & think about the tricks you taught them & how cute
they are doing them.  Think about how they didn't let you down when you
were angry or depressed & needed them, and think about how a major part of
their loves are devoted to YOU!!

My message to EVERYONE: THINK ABOUT THAT PET BEFORE BRINGING IT HOME!  Can
you afford your time, can you afford proper supplies, can you afford
routine medical care, can you afford emergency medical attention?  If any
question gets a NO answer or even an unsure answer, DO NOT BRING THAT PET
HOME.

How can one weigh the cost of the pet against the cost of care???

With today's medical insurance, I hear that the birth of a human baby may
be as little as $100.00 out of pocket expense.  Does that mean that your
child is only entitled to $100.00 in expenses.  Would you not FIND that
money, should your child need surgery??

True animal lovers feel the same about their pet!  Thanks Tammy for
writing!!

Sal
sal _ a @ computerrescuesquad.com