From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:30:59 -0800
>From:    Amy Nahirny <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Introduction; looking for ferret in Virginia

Springfield huh?  We drive through Springfield probably twice a day.  I'll
list all the Virginia shelters we know in the general NoVa area.  There are
even more across the river in Maryland.  For more info check with the AFA
and with LIFE.

The AFA is on the web at http://www.ferret.org/
LIFE is at http://www.acmeferret.com/life/

The AFA provides breeder referall services.  Send email to [log in to unmask]

Darn near the center of things.  You just missed the perhaps the most
prestigious ferret show of the year in New Carrollton MD.

Its rather early in the season for kits.  At the recent show there were only
20 entries.  Most were from a breer in Maryland that I don't know how to
contact.  She's new at this.  Most of the shelters are also breeders.

Some shelters in the general area if you are looking for a ferret that
has needs a new home:

Just A Business of Ferrets Shelter
Director: Vickie McKimmey
Leesburg, VA (703) 777-2112
(This is currently the busiest shelter in Virginia.  Shes a bit West.)

Misty Run Ferrets
Director: Tanya Iacarusoe
Cattlet, VA (703) 788-1240
(A bit South and West)

The Ferrets of Pet Pals - Referral Service
Directors: Pam Grant
Springfield, VA 22151 Petpals [log in to unmask]
(As I understand her current practices she can help put you in touch
with someone who has a ferret for a nominal fee)

Halfway House For Woebegone Weasels
Directors: Bill & Diane Killian
Woodbridge, VA (703) 590-3473
(well thats us.)

ACME Ferret Company
Rescue & Information Service
P.O. Box 11007
Burke VA 22009-1007
703-913-1115
(They aren't a busy shelter but can pass along quite a bit of information)

Chaotic Ferrets
Rescue & Health Information Service
8230 W Boulevard Dr.
Alexandria VA 22308
703-765-4353
(More of a breeder than a shelter but I think she's had some litters already)

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]