From:
Meghan Bonikowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:48:48 -0800
Hey FML folks!

Hope everyone and their fuzzies is having a wonderful day. :)

I learned something interesting today that I found useful, and as of 2
seconds ago, realised others on here might also find useful.  I know how
ferrets and people can pass colds/flus to one another, and I learned about
an alternative to the flu shot that may help a little in preventing colds
and flus this season.

Well, in health class today, we talked about the fact that the nose is where
germs can enter most easily into the body.  During the cold/flu season or if
you are around other people who have a cold or flu, and elect not to get the
flu shot this year, there is a way to lessen the amount of germs going into
your system:

If you get a little bit of antibacterial cream, such as neosporin or
something else, and rub it into the skin between and around the nostrils on
your nose, germs can be prevented from going into your system.  The cream
catches them and I guess the bacteria dies there.

You might want to make sure your fuzzies don't lick it off with kisses
though, as that might not be too great for them.  This info was especially
helpful to me since I will be flying this Thursday, and in air planes, the
air is just recirculated so everyone ends up breathing in everyone else's
bad germs, even if you aren't seated next to anyone with a cold/flu.

So, there's an alternative to the flu shot.  Hopefully we can all avoid
getting a cold or flu and/or passing it on to our beloved furry family
members.

Take care, and here's wishing good health and merry moments to all!

HUGS from

M  &  M
 e     a
  g     r