Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:28:44 -0400
A couple of years ago we had a ferret with a bad biting problem
transfered to us from one of the shelters in order for my husband to work
with.  She had been mistreated in her former home before being dumped at
the shelter.  For the first day she made no attempt to bite either of us.
I was wondering what in the world the shelter was talking about with this
sweet little girl.  When we were doing litter boxes the next day I went
to pick her up to move her to the play area.  This little girl didn't
just bite me, she did the rip and tear thing down into my flesh and
muscle tissue!  In a matter of seconds my wrist looked like I had tried
to slash my wrists.  Blood was everywhere!  I thought maybe she had
sliced opened an artery it was so bad.  There after I was very careful
about how I handled her so she wouldn't have a second chance to do that
again.  After a few months of being worked with and pampered she was a
changed ferret.  She turned out to be the sweetest little girl you ever
saw.

Nancy