From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:51:31 -0400
(BIG, I hope this is OK to post)
[As long as you got permission to post the number -- and you did.  BIG]

I saw the following ad in my local newspaper yesterday, the New Jersey
Herald, in Sussex County, NJ:

"2 ferrets, outgoing, sweet, new supplies, 2 level cage.  $125/offer
(973) 293-8019"

(I tried to call for more details but got voice mail.)

Follow up: I just got a call back from the person trying to find a home
for the two ferrets, whose name is Elizabeth Szymanski, (973) 293-8019,
and she said it was OK to post her phone number on the fml.  Here are
some additional details:

Elizabeth took these two ferrets in and is trying to find a good home for
them, as they were about to be "set free" by their previous owner because
their kids "got tired" of them.  Elizabeth rescues animals, but is not a
ferret person per se.

They are two male sables, about four years old, have been together their
entire lives, have never been vaccinated, but appear to be very healthy.
Elizabeth is planning to take them to the vet for exams and vaccinations
before placing them.  She said they are good with the litter box, and very
friendly, even though they have spent a lot of time in their cage.

If you have room in your heart and home for two little boys in need of a
good home, please give Elizabeth a call.

I REPEAT: Elizabeth has RESCUED these two boys from an uncaring owner and
is trying to help them, so please don't call her up and give her a hard
time.  (I've seen how these posts can sometimes be skimmed over and
misunderstood as to who did what, so I'm just clarifying.)

Nancy and critters