From:
Michele Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 07:27:09 -0700
Thank you all so much for all your input about the flea issue we were
having! I got so many replies and a lot of really good information. I
didn't expect quite that many responses but I sure am glad I got them
all.

Well, what we ended up doing was only treating Mandy, the dog, with
the Advantix. It was only 5 fleas but in my opinion, that's 5 fleas
too many. We bathed Mandy 3 times, twice with her regular Hot Spot
Shampoo and the last time with an all natural soap bar from our local
Indian River Soap Company Shop. They call the soap "Don't bug my dog."
I figured that it couldn't hurt, right? 24 hours later we put the
Advantix on Mandy.

They say that Advantix doesn't just repel fleas, but it kills anything
that jumps on her. Well, that must have happened for sure because the
girls never got a single flea. I mean NOT ONE. I have checked them and
changed out their bedding anyway but NOTHING. I can't even thank God
enough. Years ago, my ex (the one who got me interested in ferrets) got
fleas in his house and poor Bingo got INFESTED with them. I took Bingo
to my house and bathed her and bathed her until I got all the fleas
off her and she lived with me for a few months until he got rid of the
fleas at his house. That poor girl scratched and scratched every single
second of every day, like in convulsions, until the last flea was gone.
I can't imagine that she got any rest at all, poor thing. I never
wanted that to happen again and it's what I feared when we found the
fleas on Mandy. Thankfully, that was not the case for us this time.

Again, thanks for all your help! I love my FML Family for always being
there when I need them! You guys ROCK!

~Michele, Slave to Fattie, Pearl and Onyx (the spokesferret) and their
guard dog, Mandy.