Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 06:02:14 -0700
I've been offline most of the time since just before I left New
Zealand's North Island. Sorry about that, but the trip is supposed to
be about collecting data on ferrets and Internet stuff is not actually
a priority. Anyway, I did see BIG in Australia during the symposium;
I've never seen Bill have an anxiety attack, but the lack of Internet
seemed to be having a bad effect on the guy. His twitches and spasms
were horrible. Those of you who got your FMLs on time should know
Bill spent an inordinate amount of late night time in Internet cafes.
Knowing how hard it can be to find the Internet while traveling, I
think Bill is owed a huge award for his efforts. Send the guy an ebeer!

My work in Australia is done, but I am a week behind in the really
important stuff -- paperwork. I just can't justify moving on to Phase
Three without actually finishing Phase Two. It is very unfortunate, but
I can't risk spoiling or losing data and samples for even the best of
friends. I just have to do the paperwork first, so until it is done, I
will be unavailable. Sorry.

For my UK and European friends. expect me to arrive in London in a
week. I should have sporadic Internet, so please email me and I'll
start setting up visits. Shona in Australia was able to hook me up with
almost 350 ferrets for DNA samples, which -- because Australia does not
allow importation of ferrets -- is a very important and sizable sample.
I hope I can have as much success collecting UK and European samples.
Is there a European or UK version of Shona willing to give me some
help? Come on guys! I was able to collect 479 total DNA samples in
New Zealand and Australia. Certainly the UK and Europe can do better
than that! :-)

I have almost a month of email messages to work through, but I'll I can
only do it as time permits. IF contacting me is EXTREMELY important,
then type "IMMEDIATE READING NEEDED" in the subject line and I will
read it first. Hopefully, I can catch up in the next week; that is,
once the project paperwork is finished. That has to come first!

I'll be in the UK for the first couple of weeks of June, maybe a few
days longer, and then the remainder of my time (until July 19) in
Europe. I still need more contacts in France, Spain, and Italy. Come
on! Be part of the greatest Ferret Project ever! I need your help!

Bob C [log in to unmask]