Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:38:29 EST
Hello to all.

Defenders of Wildlife sent me an email that in Kansas they are going
to poison the prarie dog and black footed ferret as early as Dec. 15th.
For those concerned, please go to their site.It is under Wildlife
Alert.

"Death sentence looms for prarie dogs and ferrets."

Click on see all press releases and it will come up. You can send an
email to present your reasons for stopping the poisoning. And you can
adopt two black footed ferrets with this group. I have two under my
tree. (They must have eaten a lot because they are stuffed.)

We all know these animals are highly endangered. If we aren't poisoning
them, I understand fleas have recently been spreading some fatal
disease to them yet again....( I am fuzzy on if this is the bubonic
plague, and if it is fleas or mosquitos that are transmitting to the
ferrets.) Stuffed animals may soon be all we will have to remember the
little ones by.

Any comments or criticisms are welcome. I am just passing on what I
received.