From:
dolphinshelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 01:11:00 -0600
hi all,

just wanted to let you know that rusty is doing alot better, we have been
giving him pedolite every hour and mushed up food with heavy cream in it,
the only way this ferret will drink the pedolite is with ferretvite mixed
in it lol.  you have to understand when we got rusty all he ate was cheap
cat food, he is really small for a male this poor baby for 4 yrs the old
owners thought it was a female i was so mad with them, he still walks abit
funny from have only a chicken wire bottom on his tiny lil cage, but my
husband asures me he is loving his new home and his new mommy, my sister in
law came to live with us for awhile and rusty has taken to her big time,
she is a great mommy to him, but i fear when we left for vacation and left
him at home with my sister in law this is when we had all the problems i
guess he got really attached to the other ferrets because he stopped eating
and wouldnt leave from the bottom of there cage we left at home, i honestly
thought he would do alot better without the other ferrets being there cuz
he was the only ferret for so long, i was really wrong and now he is doing
something strange to me anyway, he hated ferret food i mean hated it, so
we bought him a really high quality cat food has 32percent protein in it,
well now he is picking out the cat food and only eating the ferret food,
sometimes we will catch him in the other cage eating ferret food and
drinking from the water bottle, he had never seen a water bottle before
they only had dishes for him, i really think my ferrets are teaching him
how to be a real ferret.  his poopies are still a light brown and runny but
my husband says it will always be that way because of all the past damage,
i was feeling him tonight had to pry him out of my sister in laws hands
lol, he still feels really boney to me, ribs sticking out and all,it makes
me cry, but we are still feeding him every hour and i know he will fatten
back up.  now i have a question rusty only got the pet store shots never
had any other shots before he is 4 to 5 yrs old im afraid to get him shots
because he may have a reacation and die, he is really a fragile baby,
should i give em to him or not, of course i will wait until he is healthy
i wouldnt do it while he is so weak that would kill him for sure.

give your fuzzbutts hugs for us..=20

shelley and danny
ferrah  [ i can catch air and love it ]
chole   [ miss mommy ferret, but will get into trouble when your not
          looking ]
tommie  [ im mommy's baby and will eat anything i see oh and dont even
          think of taking my hacky sack i will bite you for it ]
rusty   [ so this is what a ferret does ]