From:
Deborah DuVaLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:45:37 EDT
Hello to All..
Well its time to tell a story; to all of those that have responded or read
my post from Tuesday.It was with sad regret that i was to have to make a
decision and privatly place one of my beloved ferts with a new mommie.
THANK YOU SANDY<---New Fert mom....a vet Tech at that!!

Thank you all for the letters of support in my heart wrenching choice and
for those that was not so kind..No Raisens for you!!.With raising my ferts
since 6 weeks i can tell you i know them inside and out.Many ferts are
taken from some hard core rescues and placed in all new environments and
adjust very well.This is like a safe rescue from the heart of one kind
lady.

Ok as i had said an unfortunate situation arose and i was faced with having
to down size the time and expense of 2 ferrets.I chose to keep my female
because{for a zillion e-mails wanted to know why} change does not suit her
as far as a new home.Once i was hospitolized for 2 months and the local pet
store freind of mine kept them.Gracie was sad over not having me around and
seemed to of missed me very bad,Not even her cage mate Fritz could lift
her spirits.Fritz on the other hand was very kewl with the situation.I too
missed them and couldnt wait to get them back home.  Once back home Graice
was all over her self and Fritz was like" Mommie can i have a snack".Life
never took a nap over him.

So my point is?  Well i am truly touched as a ferret owner that so many was
concerned and lent a helping hand.  I was very grateful to all that
responded to me.I was able to meet the lady and her crudentials inpressed
me highly.The very moment she seen FRITZ she held him and he was excited to
be getting nose kisses from her.  i could tell the very way she handled him
and the look alone on her face.It made me feel more than confident that i
was able to extend the love of my preciouse lil one to another human who
had a deep and intense love for this breed of animal.Fritz was rasied well
and can adjust i am sure of that.

SANDY...i hope you enjoy my lil guy and i know he will bring you JOY as he
has given me 2 years of his life.By the way folks Sandy has other ferrets
and they have free run of her basement,this will be FRITZ's big adventure.
He is going to make new freinds and i instructed her as to what he likes
and how he is to be loved.Which i am sure she wont have no problems doing
that,as i was in the vets office her co-workers (VETS)came out and seen him
and had a fit.and told me i had nothing to worry about.So i have put my
faith in a FERRET ANGEL...so people on the list..THINK of this like this..
SHE LOVES him and he is good hands.

On a last note..I took GRACIE along to say our goodbyes.As i kissed my
beloved 'Buhbee" aka FRITZ on his lil black nose.  a look he gave me was
one of "awh go on MOM get outta here i will be fine".  It was a long
tearful ride back home.  As i drove home GRACIE sat in my lap and licked
the tears that kept hitting her in the face she will comfort me now and i
know i made the rite choice.Once back home i cleaned her cage and played
extra long with her and she never missed him yet?  I was terribly worried
more so about her than i was FRITZ over the seperation... and its still
early yet.FRITZ was her adopted lil baby she played suragate when i brought
him home.She was a year old when i got him at 6 weeks she loved him like
her own.So far so good as far as she is doing.  I will keep yall posted and
i am sure SANDY will be staying in touch with me.We live close and i know i
can visit him at any time.

God Bless you all... I hope no one ever has to make this kind of choice and
if you do.Please do it responsibly and try to find a good home by finding
loving folks as i have.

Deb & Gracie --- > Who is going to help mommie through this