From:
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:08:58 -0400
Things are starting to calm down at the shelter.  We got Dry Wall and Spiro
adopted this week as well as Baisley & Darious.  And for the first time
in ages, we only took in 1 new ferret!  We almost had 2, but mommie sent
auntie Wendy to Burlington to pick up a ferret at another shelter and
auntie ended up keeping her!

Chance, the albino we took in last week is doing better.  He doesn't bite
as much and is starting to settle in.  Dexter (the naked boy) isn't doing
so well, but at 8 and new to shelter life, who blames him?!

One of our members came by this week to get Ceilidh tickets for the
fund-raiser on Wednesday and asked about Ruffian.  When mommie told her
that Ruff was killed, she was sad and called Ruff the welcoming committee
as she was always on the driveway welcoming people to the shelter.

Tugger went to the vet for his eyes.  He's on a cream with a steroid &
antibiotic to help the cysts growing on his inner eye lids.  He's so full
of life and spunk, but just looks so terrible.  i fees so sorry for him.

Carla was fixed this week.  You know, the ferret mommie thought was
pregnant?  Well, it turned out she was just fat <grin>.....i got to play
with Echo this week too.  He's an 11 month old.  he beat me up and mommie
got really worried, but i was just pretending to be scared....i just
wanted some Tone.

Zakk (the really big Doberman who thinks he's a ferret) was adopted this
week as well.  he'll be going on Sunday.  it will be sad to see him go and
mommie will cry a whole lot.  he's been at our shelter for a long, long
time and he was one of the family.  he's going to a real nice place though
and mommie can go and visit whenever she wants!

Ferrets 2000 is getting closer and closer.  both mommie and i are very
excited.  Unfortunately, Chris Mathis isn't going to be making it after
all.  Our sponsorship for her fell through and we can't get her an air
ticket.

love you all!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to you!
Click here!!