From:
Ashley Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 22:42:20 -0500
WOW! Lots of things (and people) to comment too.

Courtney Scholl- George is lazy about having to go over an 1/2" opening (go
figure) to get to his side of the litter box.  So he stops short.  Several
things I have used- boot trays with newspaper and also plastic carpet
runners- usually 3 feet wide.  I buy a 3 square and cut it in triangles to
fit into corners.  Put some paper towels or newspaper on it to absorb the
urine.  Works great!.

Mo Bob-
Don't forget that ferrets are mentioned by name in the bible.  And that goes
waaaayyyyy back.

Amy the piller lady-
I wouldn't trust something that "shoots" something down a throat (animal or
human).  Have you ever mashed the pill up and mixed it with Nutri-Cal or
something else that your ferret likes as a treat?  Works great with Gracie
the Terrible!  She gets her medicine and a treat too!

Llona-
A thousand poxes on that devil spawned woman who thinks she is God!  With
any luck those Ca Game & Fish Wardens will be out of a job SOON!

Bryan Hall-
Hmmm, don't you think you are too hard on yourself?  So you lost your cool.
What?!?  That makes you a terrible person?  You got bit, you did your best
to remove said ferret and you flung it?  Come-on now, boy pal.  When I first
got Gracie she grabbed hold of a large rubber band and when I tried to
remove it from her, she bit the hell out of me and YES, I FLUNG HER!  She
scared me and she bit thru the thumb nail drawing blood breaking one of her
fangs off in my thumb.  Still have that hole under the nail and it's been
two years.  Would I do it again?  Nope.  However, she won't bite like that
again.  Do I make it a habit to fling ferrets?  Nope.  Did I feel bad?  Yes
I did.  However, I (like you are Sir) am only human.  I don't know (and
really don't care) what anyone who reads this FML thinks about that and you
shouldn't either.  My Vet knows how much I care for these two (believe me-
he knows).  And I have tried getting more but my SO won't allow it.  These
two are more like my kids than my daughter is.  Getting ferrets in the first
wasn't a fast decision for me- took 3 months to find out about them and then
to do it ( I am HIGHLY alergic (sic) to cats, dogs and birds- yet, I can
tolerate G&G very well.  I got George (a male about 2 years old) first.
Learned my lessons, then got Gracie 6 months later.  Learned my lessons
there too.  Both are MF's but both are 100% opposite of each other and I
wouldn't trade them in for any other.  And yes they were bought from a pet
store.

So, in a nut shell, my friend, please don't hate yourself for that incident.
Don't give up your posts here- they are a joy to read and above all don't
give up on your "kids".  They will love you no matter what.

ashley

George "Yeah, yeah, yeah- we approve of this post- but barely!"

Gracie "Your getting sleepy.  You are now under our command, Human.
Bring us treats"