Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 10:55:30 -0500
Hi All!  I am looking for information about domestic ferrets
surviving, or not surviving, in the wild.  I have two fuzzies which I
love dearly, but I also have a friend who has a ecology prof. who
claims that no one should have fuzzies cause they might get loose and
destroy local ecosystems.  I have told her time and again of people
writing in that ferrets can't survive for very long if they escape,
but I have had no studies to cite as proof.  To finally conclude this
argument, she has agreed to write one of her term papers for her grad.
course on the domestic ferrets ability to survive in the wild, and so
I thought I would ask if any of you out there have any sources that I
can point her to?  She is doing all of the official searching too on
First Search and such, but I thought that someone out there might have
some info. to support my side of it :)  Rest assured that if this
actually gets of the ground, I will update people on what we find!
Please feel free to email me at:
[log in to unmask]    or
[log in to unmask]   or
802-388-3586
Thanks for any help or ideas!  And good health and dooking to all of
those great fuzzies out there!  Silk wants to join the union (since
she was a found ferret from Mass.) but Weehawk is too lazy to show an
interest, he only wants ferretone and mud to dig in for the rest of
his life!
Krystal Sewell  Middlebury, VT