From:
ERIC BLUST <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:17:09 PST
Awhile ago one of my ferrets, Buster, was up for another distemperment shot
and rabies shot.  Because of previous visits, my fiance and I were not
concerned with anything going wrong.  Well this particular day something did
go wrong:

My fiance was driving home with Buster after the shots were administered,
when all of a sudden she noticed Buster was in limp-like stage.  She said he
looked as though he was dead.  He was barely breathing, making hissing
sounds in the attempt to breathe.  She swung the car around and headed
toward the vet once again.

The vet stated Buster had an alergic reaction to the shots.  He was given
some medication and stuck in an incubator for some time.  We came to
understand that this occurence can happen at any time, but why Buster?

I guess my concern is this: when the time comes around for the shots again,
what should we do?

Buster today seems as though he is as healthy as ever.  Ever since that
ordeal, he actually seems to be more playful and energetic.  Is this because
of the situation that occurred?

If anyone could give us advice on what to look out for or some assistance as
to what we should do for future shots, we would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you, Eric and Buster!