Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:22:40 -0400
First let me thank everyone for all the info you have given me on hind
end weakness.  I am sure that this information will be helpful for many
that are on this list.

Shadow is no better and no worse.  He was at the vet again yesterday and
the vet cannot give us a reason for what is going on other than she feels
it is neurological from some kind of injury which she says could have
even happened in the cage.  She has run a ton of tests on him including
x-ray, bloodwork and ultrasounds all of which are fine.  I wish I had
better news.  We are slowly backing him off pred and he is no longer
taking Cipro but he remains the same.  She did give him a shot of lupron
yesterday because his pee was smelling very strong like an in tact male
ferret.  He can push off with his legs but he just cannot get his butt
end up so he ends up dragging it along and he cannot hold his pee or poop
to get to the litter box but he knows when it is coming and almost seems
embarrassed if you are holding him.  He seemed to feel better after his
lupron shot.  We have checked into getting him the ferret flyer wheels
for when he is out and about with us.  I feel so bad for him.  This was a
strong vibrant ferret and one day boom he can't walk.  It makes me sick
to think how one day they can be fine and the next bam they are down.  I
can't let him see me be upset though, I have to keep the hope alive for
him because he is my little fighter and he won't give up.

Thank you again for all your information
Debbie