Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 07:42:44 -0400
I wonder sometimes why these little ones sometimes can only stay on this
earth such a short time?  Why are their lives so short even though some
live so long?

Yesterday our little Rascal who would have been 4 next month left for the
bridge while being watched over by his buddy Maggie who was recovering
from adrenal surgery.  His sickness was very quick in coming and took
him very quickly but it does not make it any easier to say goodbye even
though we know the bridge is such a beautiful and welcome place.

Rascal came to us just 2 1/2 years ago the day after Thanksgiving with
his brother and his sister followed.  They were left at a shelter for
boarding and their mommy & daddy never returned to pick them up which I
felt was so sad.  They were shipped to another shelter from which we
adopted them.  I still remember that cute little face peeking at us and
my husband said no more and I said ahhh but look they are so precious.

When we brought them home and introuduced them to our main group they fit
right in.  They all loved them right off the bat.  At first he didn't
even know what a rug was or steps.  They would watch the others run up
and down and finally they caught on.  We saw them grow and thrive and get
nice and muscular.  Rascal loved it here.  I know that we were able to
give him 2 1/2 years of love and learning to be a ferret again but he
will be greatly missed.

Please greet him at the bridge guys.....he meets Pearlie & Teddy who
left us way too early last year.  They all seem to leave way too early
whether tehy are 3, 4 or 9...it is just too soon....

Remember to give your fuzzy a hug today you just never know...
Love & angel hugs
Debbie