From:
Tracy Kilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:53:41 EDT
Hi everyone,
First I want to thank everyone for the letters of thanks for getting the
fuzzies.  Well, I was up last night until 3:30 am (woke every 2 hrs for
meds and got up for good at 9am can you say to worried to sleep) finishing
of meds and all that stuff also got a group of the healthier kids out for
play time.  These kids acted as if this was the worlds coolest thing.
They had so much fun I was so excited for them.

After one last health check we have 8 adrenals, 1 female with septicemia &
the beginnings of anemia, 6 with swollen lymph nodes, 5 with very enlarged
spleens, 5 that are very underweight, 1 with a prolapsed rectum, 6 with
URI of those 4 are critical but better, and 8 are still getting fluids
every 2 hrs and 4 every 4-5 hrs, we have 16 on antibiotics (clavamox), the
rest are healthy (8 kids).

Now everyone must remember I took the worst of the kids since I had the
shortest drive.  Out of 255 ferrets this is really not that bad of a
number of sick kids.  The rest of the kids really didn't seem to bad off.
This could have been much worse.  Davis Co. Animal Control was by far
doing the best they could with the knowledge of ferrets they had.  We must
all thank them for saving these fuzzies.  I saw pictures of the house they
took the ferrets out of it was and I am not joking from floor to ceiling
staked with cages, crates, Rubbermaid tubs, there was a walk way of mabey
1-2 feet through the hole house.  There was no room for these fuzzies to
play and I have one boy who has NO muscle tone from being in to small of a
cage and no play time (he is also deaf and blind).

So THANK YOU Davis County Animal Control from me and our saved 40 fuzzies!
OK now on to business we could really use some hammies and sleeping bags
for the kids, I could also use some clavamox as I only have about three
days worth left and never planned on having this many on antibiotics at
once.  We are also going through a lot of duck soup right now so any of
those type of things would be great if you can help.  Thanks in advance.
Well, it is time to get some more kids out to play and do meds ect..  So
Thanks again to everyone, I hope all the other kids are making there trip
well!

Ferret Dooks and Tugs
Tracy Kilmer
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane & Spokane County
1 W. Montgomery Rd.
Deer Park, WA 99006