From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:38:41 -0400
I am not a vet, but my ferret had a bilateral adrenalectomy almost two
years ago, and because ALL of the adrenal tissue was removed, the vet put
him on Florinef acetate, 0.1 mg, 1/4 tablet every morning.  Your vet may
want to prescribe the Florinef for your little girl - it is a people
medicine, so any pharmacy can get it for you.  My guy is doing great on
it.  I cut the tablet in 1/4ths with a sharp knife or pill cutter, crush
the quarter tablet in a shallow bowl each morning, and add a little vanilla
Sustecal or Duck Soup, and he scarfs it down.  No pain, no fuss.  He will
be on it for the rest of his life, but it is relatively inexpensive (10
tablets are about $12 here, lasts 40 days).  If necessary, e-mail me
privately and I will tell you how your vet can get in touch with mine.

Joanne and the Seven Wonders of the World (Dooker, Sugar, Taz, Dudley,
Peaches, Precious and Maximus - all ferrets of course)