From:
Gina Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:19:54 -0700
Hello FMLer's

I read the FAQ but I was unable to find what the symptoms were for an
enlarged spleen.  In the past week or so my ferret Dallas has been losing
weight and hair.  I'm not sure if it is her seasonal shedding thing,
because it is not unusually for her to be showing signs of adrenal problems
when she sheds.  She usually loses the hair on her tail this time she is
loosing the hair up her spine with the weight lose which is not normal.  I
know she has an enlarged spleen because we were at the vet in March for our
annual check up.  She feels as though she has swallowed a small grape.  I
don't know if this is a spleen problem, adrenal problem, normal shedding or
overly concerned mommy.  Non the less Monday morning I will be calling my
vet to make an appointment.  In the meantime does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Gina