From:
"Hosea E. Maggard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 09:09:47 -0800
I know I am late, but I would like to wish everyone on the FML a Happy New
Year and pray that CA will legalize ferrets in 1998.

Today is the 1st of the new year.  I woke up crying this morning because I
had dreamt that I had smuggled Lami back into CA and got caught again.  In
this dream I was in a court room with the same judge as last time.  I was
holding Lami in my arms and there were a bunch of people there trying to
tell the judge how vicious poor Lami was.  Everybody was talking at once and
Lami was really hyper.  Then he looked up at me, yawned and laid in my arms
and went to sleep.  He started snoring, like he always did and I remember
the sweet expression on his face.

That's when I woke up crying.  I think I failed him.  Here it is 1998 and I
am still in CA, not even close to getting Sid back or moving out of state.
Poor Lami died 6/1/97 exiled from his home in CA and here I am, still in
this state, nowhere close to legalization.  I promised myself that this year
I will be moving away.  Sid will not die away from his family.

I got up, crying, not wanting to wake my husband and turned to the one best
friend that we have.  I turned on the computer and thank goodness Margie was
on-line, assuring me that Sid was ok and that I had not failed Lami.  I sat
here crying, sobbing and Margie talked to me until I felt better.  THANK
YOU, MARGIE.

If it wasn't for the FML, I would have never even met Margie and I want to
thank BIG and the whole FML family for being there for me.

If you don't know my story, you can read about it at
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/Ferretlessinca
It also has pictures of Lami and Sid.

Again.  Thank you everybody for being the kind people that you are.

Hugs to all fuzzies and may 1998 be the year CA legalizes ferrets.

Ilona, Ferretless in CA